Adjunct Associate Professor
Senior Research Scientist, Fraunhofer Center for Experimental Software Engineering
- Ph.D., University of New York, Stonybrook, 2004
Dr. Ray joined the Fraunhofer Center in 2005 and is a Senior Research Scientist in the Software Architecture and Embedded Systems Division. Dr. Ray has been the principal investigator on grants from the National Science Foundation, Food and Drug Administration, Robert Bosch Corporation and University of Maryland. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from State University of New York at Stonybrook in 2004 and his B.Eng. in Computer Science from Jadavpur University in 1999. He is the current instructor for ENPM613, Software Design and Implementation.
· Arnab Ray and Rance Cleaveland. Architectural Interaction Diagrams-AIDs for System Modeling. International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2003, Pages 396-406.
· Arnab Ray. Security Check: A Formal Yet Practical Framework for Secure Computer Architecture. New Security Paradigms Workshop (NSPW) 2003, Pages 59-65.
· Arnab Ray and Rance Cleaveland. Unit Verification: The CARA Experience. International Journal On Software Tools For Technology Transfer (STTT) 2004. Issue: Volume 5, Number 4. Springer-Verlag. Pages 351-369
· Arnab Ray and Rance Cleaveland. Formal Modelling of Middleware-based Systems. Formal Foundations of Embedded Software and Component-Based Architecture (FESCA), European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software (ETAPS) 2004, Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science Volume 115, 18 January 2005, Pages 69-88
· Arnab Ray, Bikram Sengupta and Rance Cleaveland. Secure Requirements Elicitation through Triggered Message Sequence Charts. International Conference on Distributed Computing and Internet Technologies (ICDCIT) 2004, Pages 273-282
· Prem Uppuluri, Uday Joshi, and Arnab Ray. Preventing Race Condition Attacks on File Systems. ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (ACM SAC) 2005, Pages 346-353.
· Arnab Ray. Enforcing Distributed Information Flow Policies Architecturally: the SAID Approach. Seventh International Conference on Coordination Models and Languages COORDINATION 2005, Pages 125-139.
· Arnab Ray, Rance Cleaveland, and Arne Skou. An Algebraic Theory Of Boundary Crossing Transitions. Electr. Notes Theor. Comput. Sci 2005. 115: 69-88
· Arnab Ray and Rance Cleaveland. A Software Architectural Approach to Security by Design.30th Annual International Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC) 2006, Pages 83-86
· Arnab Ray, Rance Cleaveland, Shengbing Jiang and Thomas E Fuhrman. Model-based Verification and Validation of Distributed Controller Architectures. Society for Automotive Engineers (SAE) CONVERGENCE 2006, Document Number: 2006-21-0046.
· Arnab Ray and Rance Cleaveland. Executable Specifications for Real-time Distributed Systems. Model-driven High-level Programming of Embedded Systems, European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software (ETAPS) 2007, Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science Volume 203 Issue 4, 5 June 2008, Pages 3-17.
· Chris Ackermann, Arnab Ray, Rance Cleaveland, Juergen Heit, Chris Martin, and Charles Shelton. Model Based Design Verification: A Monitor Based Approach. Society for Automotive Engineers (SAE) World Congress 2008, Document Number: 2008-01-0741
· Mikael Lindvall, Chris Ackermann, William Straton, Deane Sibol, Arnab Ray, Lyly Yonkwa, Jan Kresser, Sally Godfrey, and Jens Knodel. Using Sequence Diagrams to Detect Communication Problems Between Systems. IEEE Aerospace Conference 2008, Pages 1-11
· Arnab Ray. Authorization, Access Control and Information Flow. Invited book chapter in Wiley Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Engineering. (Benjamin Wah, ed.) Hoboken: John Wiley and Sons, Inc. Volume 1 pages 213-223
· Chris Ackermann, Arnab Ray, Rance Cleaveland, Chris Martin, and Charles Shelton. Integrating Functional and Non-Functional Design Verification for Embedded Software Systems. Society for Automotive Engineers (SAE) World Congress 2009, Document Number: 2009-01-0152.
· Arnab Ray, Raoul Jetley, and Paul Jones. Engineering High Confidence Medical Device Software. SIGBED Review, Special Issue on the 2nd Joint Workshop on High Confidence Medical Devices, Software, and Systems (HCMDSS) and Medical Device Plug-and-Play (MD PnP) Interoperability, July 2009, Volume 6, Number 2
· Arnab Ray, Iris Morschhaeuser, Chris Ackermann, Rance Cleaveland, Charles Shelton, and Chris Martin. Validating Automotive Control Software using Instrumentation-Based Verification. Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2009), Auckland, New Zealand, November 2009, pages 15-25. IEEE Computer Society Press
· Arnab Ray and Raoul Jetley. Model Based Development: An Emerging Approach for Engineering Medical Device Software. AAMI Biomedical Instrumentation and Technology (BI&T) journal Volume 44, Number 1, February 2010,Pages 51-53,
· Arnab Ray, Raoul Jetley, Paul L. Jones, and Yi Zhang. Model-Based Engineering for Medical-Device Software. Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology 2010 44:6, 507-518
· Yi Zhang, Raoul Jetley, Paul Jones, and Arnab Ray. Generic Safety Requirements for Developing Safe Insulin Pump Software. November 2011. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology. Volume 5, Issue 6. Pages 1403-1419.
· Arnab Ray, Christopher Ackermann, Rance Cleaveland, Charles P. Shelton, and Chris Martin. Functional and Nonfunctional Design Verification for Embedded Software Systems. Advances in Computers 83: 277-321 (2011)
· Arnab Ray. Assurance Cases: Their Use Today and The Challenges Ahead. Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology. May/June 2012, Vol. 46, No. 3, Pages 195-200
· Arnab Ray and Rance Cleaveland. Constructing Safety Assurance Cases for Medical Devices. 1st International Workshop on Assurance Cases for Software-intensive Systems (ASSURE), satellite workshop at International Conference of Software Engineering, San Francisco, 2013