JavaMemoryModel: public or private BOF at OOPSLA?

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 20:07:27 EDT

Some people have raised the question of whether the BOF at OOPSLA
should be open or private. What do people think?

My thought is to make it public, but make it clear that this isn't an
appropriate forum for people who aren't familiar with the issue to
get on board. There are a number of people who have been lurking on
the board who I would like to hear from, and my poster at OOPSLA has
been accepted, which may get other people interested in the topic.