RE: JavaMemoryModel: C# Memory Model?

From: Boehm, Hans (hans_boehm@hp.com)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 12:49:38 EDT

Speaking of careful specification, I also like:

"Destructors are invoked automatically, and cannot be invoked explicitly. An
instance becomes eligible for destruction when it is no longer possible for
any code to use the instance."

Since destructors can clearly use the instance ...

Do we really have to go through all this again? (I would argue that
single-threaded asynchronous finalization doesn't work, as you'd find out if
you actually tried to specify what it means. Thus it needs a threads
specification, and a memory model, and ...)

Hans