JavaMemoryModel: Java memory model paper at ICSE 2002

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 13:19:12 EDT

There is a paper on the Java Memory Model at ICSE 2002:

Specifying Multithreaded Java Semantics for Program Verification,
A. Roychoudhury and T. Mitra
ACM SIGSOFT International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2002
http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~abhik/pdf/icse02.pdf

 From a brief scan of the paper, the paper describes an executable
simulator for the original Java memory model (i.e., chapter 17 of the
JLS). Interesting for historical purposes.

It would be nice to have a common format so we could run a bunch of
different simulators on some test cases. We have this simulator, the
CRF simulator, and the simulator for Jeremy's and my proposal. It
would also be easy to put together a sequentially consistent
simulator.