Re: JavaMemoryModel: OK, time to get moving again

From: Joe Hendrix (jhendrix@uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 01 2003 - 15:56:21 EST

What approach are you planning to take with regard to formally proving
the correctness of your memory model?

I am a formal methods grad student at UIUC, and I would be quite
interested in seeing if the properties could formally be proven using an
automated theorem proving or model checking tool. I personally would
prefer a model checking approach since that is focus of my research
advisor and it can be a more automatic approach, but I'm familiar with
automated theorem proving systems as well.

--
Joe Hendrix
jhendrix@uiuc.edu