Re: JavaMemoryModel: Executors, Thread Pools and Isolation

From: Martin Trotter (martin_trotter@uk.ibm.com)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 09:04:18 EDT

Do you see a specific requirement for this new
java.lang.System.runInIsolation(Runnable)method ? I think that the
difficulty of explaining the sublety of it should not be forgotten. At
presnet I can't imagine where I would actually apply it; either I'd want
the semantics of the existing Runnable.run() method or I'd want the
application isolation of JSR 121. Could you provide some specific use
cases ?

Martin Trotter
mtrotter@uk.ibm.com