JavaMemoryModel: Re: Important typo fix in unified model description: U6 is not allowed

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 21:17:32 EST

On Mar 16, 2004, at 8:04 PM, Vijay Saraswat wrote:

> What about U7 and the others? Is this a typo or do some definitions in
> the model need to change to rule this out? (I am trying to figure out
> if I should dive into the current definition of the model or wait if
> there are changes coming.)

I'm not sure my previous email addressed your question.

The model, as originally described, forbids U1-4 and U6. It allows U5
and U7.

The caption for U6 was just an error. Elsewhere in the document, we
stated that we disallow U6.

At an earlier point, we allowed U6. But we found a simple way to change
the model to disallow it.