JavaMemoryModel: How about "Synchronizes to" and "Synchronizes from"

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 09:48:50 EST

We've discussed needing some phrase we can use instead of
"creates a happens-before edge" in places such as
Javadoc.

One proposal was "Synchronizes with", but I don't like that because
it sound symmetric, and doesn't convey the directed nature of
synchronization.

So what do you think about "synchronizes to" (and "synchronizes from")?

For example,
        starting a thread synchronizes to the run method of the thread
        successful joining with a thread synchronizes from the run method of
the thread