JavaMemoryModel: Proposed Final Specification

From: Jeremy Manson (jmanson@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 14:16:28 EDT

The Java memory model is done!

Just kidding. We have put out a specification document that we think
reflects everyone's many years of good work on the memory model. If you
all agree to it, we would encourage it as our final document.

If you have the chance, please give it a good, solid read through. It
contains the external actions as I explained them last night (or perhaps
more clearly than that), plus the newer formalization of final fields
that Bill discussed last week.

Available from:

http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/pugh/java/memoryModel/

Thanks!