Audience of Java memory model mailing list

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 16:58:45 EDT

[ Sorry if this is a duplicate, I am trying to track down a bug in
the mailing list software - Bill]

Someone asked me about who is subscribed to the Java Memory Model
mailing list.

You can find out by sending a message to majordomo@cs.umd.edu
containing the line "who javaMemoryModel" in the body.

This is an open list; anyone is allowed to subscribe. However,
it is intended for people who are already familar with the issues.
People who intend to follow this list should have read and tried to
understand Chapter 17 of the JLS. Reading over my Java Grande paper
might be useful to people who aren't already familar with the issues.

I don't intend to post all of my correspondence about the Java memory
model to this list. Some discussions will be held through private email.
This is more of a forum for discussing the big picture, and
reviewing proposals that may have been worked out in private.

        Bill Pugh