Re: JavaMemoryModel: Another software-only solution

From: Dennis Sosnoski (dms@sosnoski.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 01:19:09 EDT

How much of a problem is this likely to be? In other words, what sort of cache
line sizes are being used?

In my experience on the Windows platform the *minimum* object size in Java is
already close to 32 bytes, so rounding up to a 32 or 64 byte boundary is not
going to add much overhead. If we're talking about 1024 byte boundaries, on the
other hand, I think this is a valid concern.

  - Dennis