JavaMemoryModel: Reply to field on mailing list

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 26 1999 - 09:45:10 EDT

>Folks,
>
> Sorry; that last message was intended for Bill rather than the entire
>list. I wonder if we could configure the list so that the reply-to field
>was the sender. This seems much more intuitive.
>
> Josh

It can be configured that way; but then we have the problem of
back only to the poster, which makes it hard for others to follow the
discussion.

Either way, the rule is: when responding to a message in a mailing
list, check the address your message is being sent to.

If other people would prefer that the default be to reply to the
original sender, I'd be willing to change it. Send me email (no need
to post to the list) if you would prefer it that way.