JavaMemoryModel: C# Memory Model?

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 09:35:22 EDT

C#, Microsoft's replacement for Java, has been unveiled:

        http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/nextgen/technology/csharpintro.asp

 From a first glance, it has a couple of nice features (rectangular
multi-dimensional arrays, everything is a subtype of Object,
including primitive types) and some bad ones (e.g., goto statements).
However, I didn't find anything that looked like a description of
threads.

So it looks like we don't need to worry about a memory model for C#;
either C# doesn't have threads, or it has ill-defined threads (e.g.,
COM threads). Anyone know anything to the contrary?