JavaMemoryModel: Revised report on the Java Memory Model

From: Jeremy Manson (jmanson@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 17:24:00 EST

> We also have a fully executable version of the semantics in Haskell.
> Contact Jeremy Manson <jmanson@cs.umd.edu> for a copy of it.
>
> The litmus tests should be available in another day or two; ask
> Jeremy for a copy.

These things are available from

http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/jmanson/java.html

The source for the executable is available there, as well as precompiled
binaries for Solaris (compiled on 2.6), Linux (compiled on RedHat 7.1 or
7.2 (I can't remember which)) and Windows (compiled on NT 4).

There is also a readme linked from that page. It will be difficult to use
the simulator without it.

The source itself doesn't have that much in the way of documentation. If
you are interested in more documentation, let me know. If you find
errors, or you have suggestions, or you have questions, you can let me
know that, as well.

                                        Jeremy