Re: JavaMemoryModel: StringBuffer intensive codes/applications/benchmarks

From: Paul Jakubik (pauljakubik@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 14:50:05 EDT

The JDOM XMLOutputter has some StringBuffer intensive code.

XMLOutputter has a method called outputString. outputString
uses a StringWriter, and java.io.StringWriter has methods for
getting the underlying StringBuffer or getting the String
converted from it.

So the bigger the XML document you are trying to output, the
more use of StringBuffer you'll wind up with.

--Paul

P.S. JDOM is available at www.jdom.org. I was able to look at
the source for XMLOutputter at this link (which you will
probably have to cut and paste back together)
http://cvs.jdom.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jdom/src/java/org/jdom/output/XMLOutputter.java?rev=1.80&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup