RE: JavaMemoryModel: The range of memory models now in play

From: Sarita Adve (sadve@cs.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 17:39:00 EDT

Right. To eliminate potential confusion in future discussion, I want to
clarify further:

Simply saying that an execution trace is consistent with program order
is also "content-free" if there is no other relationship between this
total order and the values that are read. In other words, it's fine to
say that my model has a totally ordered execution trace that is
consistent with program order, but this statement doesn't imply
anything. Also, it doesn't preclude talking about my model in the future
as having a totally ordered execution trace that is not consistent with
program order.

Sarita