Re: JavaMemoryModel: The range of memory models now in play

From: Yue Yang (yyang@cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 00:16:03 EDT

> Jason and Sarita: do you agree that your models fit between A and B?
> Jason, I know that your model isn't specified this way, but I'm
> pretty sure the semantics of your model fall between A and B.

Yes. The semantics as presented in our current paper falls between
A and B. And our general approach to capture the JMM, if summarized
using a non-operational approach, is very similar to what you just
described.

Our specification framework, on the other hand, can be configured to
capture a wide spectrum of memory properties, including A and B, although
these two extremes are probably not desired for the JMM :)

-- Jason