Re: JavaMemoryModel: Updated JMM schedule and status report

From: Paul Loewenstein (Paul.Loewenstein@sun.com)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 12:34:35 EDT

It is now over 10 years since I was last involved in writing a memory
model (Sparc V9). In the interests of simplicity the RMO model admits
non-causal traces. The cure was deemed worse than the disease. The
only effect would be some unnecessary synchronization in somewhat
obscure and unlikely code. Is relaxing the Java memory model for the
sake of simplicity a viable option?

Paul