JavaMemoryModel: Wait/notify semantics [revision]

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 15:38:55 EST

Actually, I was going through some email that Doug sent out a week
ago, and he suggested the following wording on lost interrupts:

* The spec for Object.wait should change its @throws InterruptedException

   from
        if another thread has interrupted the current thread.
           If another thread interrupted the current thread before or
           while the current thread was waiting for a notification.

Now, we are going to be deliberately vague on what this order is, other
than that there must be some order. But once a thread has consumed a
notification, it will not actively deal with an interrupt until the
next wait or other opportunity.

So I'm going to assume/propose we go with this.