Re: JavaMemoryModel: JLS3 contains glitch concerning volatiles?

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 06:41:46 EDT

I agree it is a fix that needs to be made. And we should start
a document listing fixes and clarifications to the JLS, since it will
probably be a while before even small changes to the JLS
make it into print.

But the fix is only to the explanation of the semantics, not
the semantics itself. Thus, there is no question of whether we
need to go through the JCP to get a change to the semantics
approved.