JavaMemoryModel: JMM discussions moving to https://javamemorymodel.dev.java.net/

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 07:25:13 EDT

OK, we now have a web page for the Java memory model at

     https://javamemorymodel.dev.java.net/

All discussion of the JMM should move over to that web site; I'm going
to shut down the JMM mailing list shortly.

We'll start a errata page and perhaps an FAQ page. Jeremy and I may also
put up the current draft of our TOPLAS submission on the JMM. I'm
also starting the
process of revising the JSR-133 and the JLS to strength the theorem
about
correctly synchronized programs, as discussed recently.

At the moment, the web site is pretty empty; I've set up a discussion
forum,
and we could also use the mailing list
users@javamemorymodel.dev.java.net.

We need to decide one important issue as part of the move: will the
majority
of the JMM discussions take place on the
users@javamemorymodel.dev.java.net
mailing list, or on the discussion forums at
javamemorymodel.dev.java.net. My inclination
is that we should use the discussion forums, and probably use the
mailing lists only
for announcements.