JavaMemoryModel: JMM not moving to https://javamemorymodel.dev.java.net/

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 10:10:29 EDT

OK, due to complaints about the java.net usage agreement, we will
abandon https://javamemorymodel.dev.java.net/.

I suspect that in today's legal climate, universities are the only place
that can host a discussion of technical issues without getting
lawyers involved.

I will create a mailman list javamemorymodel-discussion@cs.umd.edu
(give me a day or two).
The majordomo software running the old list is getting creaky, the
email alias is on a ton
of spam lists, and we have about 50 stale email addresses on the list.

     Bill