Summer Camp 2015
Camps will be from August 3rd to August 14th, Monday through Friday from 9-3.30. Before and after care from 8-5 will be available for an additional cost.
Computing Is Everywhere!
The University of Maryland Computer Science Department is pleased to offer a summer day camp for girls.
Learn how to program, break codes, and more!
- By 2020 there will be 1.4 million jobs open in computing.
- Computing touches every field from biology to education to business.
- Getting an early start on computing skills will help you in the future.
- Computing can change our world for the better.
- It's fun!
- The first year is for students who are just finishing 6th grade (limited number of positions are available for those currently finishing 7th or 8th grade to join the other cohorts - June dates).
- Designed as a three year program where each cohort returns the following summer to learn more advanced skills - meeting once a month through the school year to maintain those skils.
- There is a charge of $200 for the two weeks of the summer camp - no additional charge for the meetings during the school year.
- Financial Assistance is available for those with displayed need.
- See us : Students present their results at Maryland Day - April 25, 2015.
August 3 - August 14
and monthly weekend meetings during the school year (Dates TBD)
For best consideration, apply before:
March 5, 2015.