Summer Camp 2016
3-year summer camp - The first year is called the "Yellow Group", the second year is called the "Red Group", and the third year is called the "Terp Group". Each year has content that builds on the previous, and all years cover many topics within comptuing including programming, number bases, cryptology, cybersecurity and cybersafety, computer usage skills, networking concepts, and creativity.
Computing Is Everywhere!
The Maryland Center for Women in Computing at the University of Maryland College Park is pleased to offer a summer day camp to encourage children to try fields of computer science. See how computing Connects to everything else they are interested in & Connect to others also interested in computing.
- By 2020 there will be 1.4 million jobs open in computing.
- Computing touches every field from biology to education to business.
- Getting an early start on computing skills will help you in the future.
- Computing can change our world for the better.
- It's fun!
- The first year (yellow) is for students who are just finishing 6th grade (will allow those who are just finishing 5th grade if they have computing experience or are advanced in math/science) There are also a limited number of positions are available for older children with experience to joing the older cohorts (red and terp).
- Designed as a three year program where each cohort returns the following summer to learn more advanced skills - also we meet once a month through the school year to maintain those skils. In the fall, the children prepare for a December Showcase to share what they learned with parents and sponsors, and in the spring, the children present at Maryland Day for the larger community.
- There is a charge of $200 for the two weeks of the summer camp - no additional charge for the meetings during the school year.
- Financial Assistance is available for those with displayed need.
- See us : Students present their results at Maryland Day - April 30, 2016.
$200 for the whole year
$100 for before and after care if required
Terp and one Red Group: June 27 - July 8 (no meeting July 4)
Yellow and the other Red Group: August 1 - 12
Both Sessions run 9:00am - 3:30pm (with before care 8:00-9:00 and after care 3:30-5:00)
For best consideration, apply before:
March 28, 2016.