- Department of Computer Science
- University of Maryland
- College Park, MD 20742, USA
- Phone: (301)405-2694 / Fax: (301)405-6707
- Email: elman at cs.umd.edu
Numerical analysis, numerical linear algebra,
computational fluid dynamics, parallel computation.
Fall 2017 Course Material
- Howard C. Elman, David J. Silvester and Andrew J. Wathen
Finite Elements and Fast Iterative Solvers
Second Edition, Oxford University Press, 2014
for more information.
Incompressible Flow & Iterative Solver Software
(IFISS) package is a software library that
generates the algebraic systems arising from finite element discretization
of the diffusion, convection-diffusion, Stokes and Navier-Stokes
equations and explores solution algorithms for the associated
It is an open-source Matlab package associated with the book referenced
above, and which can also be used as a stand-alone experimental library.
Officer and Laughing Girl