RE: JavaMemoryModel: Weak fairness in the Java memory model

From: Boehm, Hans (hans.boehm@hp.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 16:58:39 EDT

I still vote for expressing all the constraints for finite executions,
and then including a statement about allowing infinite executions
only if there are no infinite prefixes, and all finite prefixes are
allowed.

Section 7.6 already is phrased in terms of finite executions.

It's not clear top me that either this or the current statement implies
"weak fairness" in any real sense, but I'd be OK with leaving that as an
informal statement.

Hans