RE: JavaMemoryModel: New Unified JMM Description

From: Jerry Schwarz (jerry.schwarz@oracle.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 17:53:31 EDT

Actually the example I had in mind was even simpler.

Thread 1
x=1

Thread 2
r1=x

As I looked at this it seemed there was no way to ever add r1=x to Ai
because there is no write that happens before it.

What I think I overlooked is that there the initialization of x (before
Thread 1 started) is an action that happens before r1=x and thus can be
used to satisfy condition 6.