JavaMemoryModel: Small tweak to causality rules

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 17:07:33 EDT

Hans noticed that if we have an infinite sequence, then we may not be
able to commit all of the actions in a finite number of set of
committed actions,
C1, ..., C_n.

To fix this, we allow the sequence of executions used to show an
execution is causal to be
infinite. To make things even more complicated, we allow this sequence
to have an ordinality greater
than omega (since we also allow the same for actions).

I've checked with faculty who do lots of stuff with infinities and
ordinalities greater
than omega, and they say that is fine.