Maryland Day 2002: Demo of Rover Technology
Rover Technology was demonstrated on campus in Maryland Day, April 27, 2002.
- Basic User services: Time, user and location based services.
These services can be periodic, user-triggered (e.g. user requests
for the timetable of events in his/her vicinity) or
system-triggered (e.g. user moves into a specific
- Automated location determination: User locations were
provided using signal-strength based techniques over the McKeldin
mall area. Users were tracked by the server and other authorized
users as they moved through the mall area.
- Voice communication: Using PDAs to provide voice communication between
users over the network.
- Click and connect: Users were able to communicate with other users
by simply clicking on the corresponding user's icon on a map displayed
in the PDA.
- Secure communication between users
|Last updated on Apr 2002