JavaMemoryModel: OOPSLA Workshop?

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 17:37:54 EST

What do people think about planning to have a workshop on the Threads
specification at OOPSLA? It would probably be a full day workshop.

A number of people involved in the issue will likely be attending,
and by the time of OOPSLA, we should hopefully be to the point
where the JSR is well under way and we have a concrete proposal
to critique.

We could also consider a panel, but I think a workshop would be a better
format.

We have an April 3rd deadline on submitting a workshop proposal, so we
need to decide soon.