Re: JavaMemoryModel: OOPSLA Workshop?

From: Richard Jones (R.E.Jones@ukc.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 04:24:27 EST

>What do people think about planning to have a workshop on the Threads
>specification at OOPSLA? It would probably be a full day workshop.

I think it's a great idea too. But try to avoid scheduling it against the
International Symposium on Memory Management which meets 15-15 October and is
co-located with OOPSLA
        http://www.cs.ukc.ac.uk/events/ismm2000
as several people might want to go to both.

Richard Jones

PS. I'd also say try to avoid the GC tutorial Eric Jul and I are hoping to
give again but that (and Doug Lea's tutorial?) probably starts to make
scheduling difficult.