RE: JavaMemoryModel: Proposals on wait and interrupts

From: David Holmes (dholmes@dltech.com.au)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 20:36:50 EDT

> I would welcome a clear explanation of why VM developers
> should not be expected to implement the documented behaviour.
> The mere fact that they got it wrong in the past is not a reason.

It might not be a good reason, or academically sound, but it's a
practical reason. If you try and push a change that would force major
rework of the existing JVM's implementations then it's not going to
get through - simple as that. My opinion of course.

A specific-notification style of design can implement the desired
semantics quite easily - if design that way from the start.

David Holmes