Re: JavaMemoryModel: A memory model for the masses

From: David G. Wonnacott (davew@cs.haverford.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 10:05:23 EST

   Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 22:21:44 -0500
   From: Bill Pugh <pugh@cs.umd.edu>

   I understand that if we choose to tell people they _have_ to
   synchronize, it will
   require an absolutely massive re-education campaign.

I'll begin my small part of this in a week or so. I'll emphasize
synchronizing or looking for techniques that the language designers
guarantee will work (to include any yet-to-be-determined solution),
and avoidance of attempts to deduce, from the memory model, what
idioms should work...

Dave W