JavaMemoryModel: Revised report on the Java Memory Model

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 13:29:07 EST

We've put a revised version of our proposal on the Java Memory Model
on our web page:
        http://www.cs.umd.edu/~pugh/java/memoryModel/semantics.pdf

We are still going through the executable version of the semantics
and trying to make sure all of the changes are correctly reflected in
the tech report version of the spec. We probably have a few more
things to do to clear things up, but it is good enough now for people
to take a look at.

We also have a fully executable version of the semantics in Haskell.
Contact Jeremy Manson <jmanson@cs.umd.edu> for a copy of it.

We also have partial Java implementation of the semantics. We have
most of the rules implemented (the stuff that corresponds to the
figures in the paper), but still need to do some work on the
surrounding framework before we can actually execute it. Contact me
for a copy.

The litmus tests should be available in another day or two; ask
Jeremy for a copy.