JavaMemoryModel: Ready for community draft of JSR133?

From: Bill Pugh (pugh@cs.umd.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 17:30:15 EDT

Jeremy and I have worked on the draft of JSR133 enough so that while
we can continue to work on fine tuning the language to make it more
understandable, we are basically done.

Unless we get feedback telling us that something is wrong or incomprehensible.

So, we need your help.

The current draft is available at:
        http://www.cs.umd.edu/~pugh/java/memoryModel/chapter.pdf
Other supplemental details are available at:
        http://www.cs.umd.edu/~pugh/java/memoryModel/

By the way, since Tim Lindholm is the spec lead, I don't think I can
actually turn any of the JCP.org wheels.

There are a few things that aren't complete yet, but they aren't core
to the memory model:
   * Copying over of details on finalizers from JLS section 12.
   * Details on interrupts, wait and notify