In order to complete the projects for this course you will be using an integrated software development tool (or IDE) called Eclipse. If you are planning on working from your own PC, you must visit the following link and follow the instructions there on how to setup the Eclipse environment so that it works for our class.Click this link for the Eclipse Tutorial.
CVS Connection Dialog Box
You can cut and paste the following lines into the dialog box:
- Repository Path:
(Replace "cs131XXX" with your personal login ID.)
The following web pages provide detailed references to information about Java.
- Oracle's "Code Conventions"
- Guide for proper style when programming in Java.
- Oracle's Java Homepage
- It is the place to come when you really need the latest technical specs and downloads.
- Oracle's Java Tutorial
- This page has a number of links to books and web pages about Java, which you may find of interest.
- Java SDK 6.0 General Documentation
- This page contains technical documentation for the Java Software Development Kit (JDK), which includes the Java compiler and the associated libraries.
- Java 6.0 API Specs
- This page contains (javadoc) documentation for the Java libraries. It is an excellent reference and you should bookmark it on your browser.