Computer Science Dept.
University of Maryland, College Park
I am a PhD student co-advised by Professor Aravind Srinivasan and Professor Mihai Pop. I am currently on the job market for post-doc and faculty positions. Please hire me!
Algorithms and Theoretical Computer Science
- Approximation algorithms, randomized algorithms, online algorithms, combinatorial optimization, and stochastic optimization
- String algorithms, clustering, string comparison, assembly, genomics, and metagenomics
- Models and algorithms for applications including online advertising, matching, and ride-hailing platforms
Fairness in Maching Learning
- Clustering, classification, demographic fairness, and community cohesion
- Fast Matching-based Approximations for Maximum Duo-preservation String Mapping and its Weighted Variant. Proc. 29th Annual Symposium on Combinatorial Pattern Matching (CPM), 2018. (conference version)
- A Succinct Four Russians Speedup for Edit Distance Computation and One-against-many Banded Alignment. with Jay Ghurye. Proc. 29th Annual Symposium on Combinatorial Pattern Matching (CPM), 2018. (conference version)
- Algorithms to Approximate Column-Sparse Packing Programs. with Karthik A. Sankararaman, Aravind Srinivasan, and Pan Xu. Proc. of the 29th Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA), 2018. (long version)
- Better Greedy Sequence Clustering with Fast Banded Alignment. with Jay Ghurye, Aravind Srinivasan, and Mihai Pop. Proc. Algorithms in Bioinformatics - 17th International Workshop (WABI), 2017. (conference version)
- Attenuate Locally, Win Globally: An Attenuation-based Framework for Online Stochastic Matching with Timeouts. with Karthik A. Sankararaman, Aravind Srinivasan, and Pan Xu. Proc. of 16th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS), 2017.
- Further Improvement in Approximating the Maximum Duo-Preservation String Mapping Problem. Proc. Algorithms in Bioinformatics - 16th International Workshop (WABI), pp 52-64, 2016. (slides)
- New Algorithms, Better Bounds, and a Novel Model for Online Stochastic Matching. with Karthik A. Sankararaman, Aravind Srinivasan, and Pan Xu. Proc. European Symposium on Algorithms (ESA), 2016. (long version) (slides)
- Improved bound for online square-into-square packing. Proc. of the 12th Workshop on Approximation and Online Algorithms (WAOA), pp 47-58, 2014. (long version)
Curriculum Vitae (updated 2-16-19)
Room - 3204
A.V. Williams Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
E-mail: bbrubach AT cs DOT umd DOT edu