JavaMemoryModel: Reference on "Correctly synchronized programs are sequentially consistent"

From: Bart Jacobs (bart.jacobs@cs.kuleuven.ac.be)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 12:34:38 EDT

Hi all,

I am writing a paper about a locking scheme, and in that paper I assume that
the memory model obeys the rule that if all sequentially consistent
executions are data-race-free, then all executions are sequentially
consistent. However, I anticipate that many readers are not familiar with
this material, and I wonder if anyone knows a good published reference to
which I can refer? I would be particularly interested in anything that
states that this rule will be a guarantee in the next Java Memory Model.

Thank you very much!

Bart Jacobs

PhD student

Department of Computer Science