My broad area of research is computer networks. My current research includes
- QoS in wireless networks
- Spectrum Coordination Technologies
- QoS based Routing
- Traffic Engineering
- Voice Routing
- Wireless sensor networks
Connection-Oriented Real-Time Communication in ATM Based Heterogeneous Network
Advisor : Prof. Wei Zhao, Texas A&M University - College Station, Texas, December 1998.
- Quality of Service in Networks
- Mobile Computing
- Advanced Computer Networks
- Introduction to Wireless Networks
- Computer Networks
- Software Lab
- Ph.D., Computer Science,
Department of Computer Science,
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX. (1995-1998)
- M.S., Computer Science,
Center for Advanced Computer Studies, University of Louisiana, Lafayette, LA. (1988-1990)
- B.Sc. (Engg.), Electrical Engineering,
National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, India (1983-1987)
- Computer Scientist, Wireless Networks Division,
Communications Technology Lab,
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), June 2013 - Present
- Associate Professor,
CSE Department, IIT Bombay December 2003 - June 2013
- Senior Software Engineer,
Cisco System Inc., San Jose, California, September 1998 - Decemeber 2003
- Research Assistant,
Dept. of Computer Science, Texas A&M university August 1995 - August 1998
- Software Engineer,
Intergraph Corporation, Huntsville, Alabama, Februray 1991 - August 1995
- M. Sharma and A. Sahoo, "Opportunistic Channel Access Scheme for Cognitive Radio System Based on Residual White Space Distribution" - submitted to the Indian Patent Office, Application Number 2231/MUM/2010.
- Chilukuri Shanti and A. Sahoo, "A Distributed Fault Tolerance for Wireless Sensor Networks with tree overlay" - submitted to the Indian Patent Office, Application Number 3403/MUM/2010.
- Chilukuri Shanti and A. Sahoo, "Parent selection algorithms to Repair Faults for TDMA-based Wireless Sensor Networks with Tree Overlay" - submitted to the Indian Patent Office, Application Number 3400/MUM/2010.
- Chilukuri Shanti and A. Sahoo, "TDMA based Reliable and Energy Efficient Method for Flooding Wireless Sensor Networks" - submitted to the Indian Patent Office, Application Number 352/MUM/2011.