This page contains a link to some supporting documents for the class.
- List of some common Unix commands
- Sample time log
- Some people have seen an error message: "The active editor contains no main type," when trying to compile their Java program. Here is a short note with some ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem.
- Resources for cmsc131PictureLib:
- Here is Javadoc Documentation for the cmsc131PictureLib library. (Warning: At this point you should know enough to be able to understand most of basic the elements of the package (classes, interfaces, methods), but you may see references to some concepts that we have not yet covered (e.g. exceptions). If so, you can ignore them.)
- This file, cmsc131PictureLib.jar, is a jar file that contains the (class files for the) library. (To download it, right click on the above link and select "Save Link Target As..." To make the jar file accessible to a project, right click on the project in the Package Explorer window, select "Properties→Libraries→Add External Jars", and then select this file.)
- This file, cmsc131PictureLibSource.jar, is a jar file that contains the source files for the library. We are providing it for students with advanced backgrounds, who are curious in learning how images are created in Java. However, the average student will not need to look at this source. All you need to know is how to use the classes of the picture library.
Code for Labs
To download each file, right click on the link and select "Save Link Target As...")
To import the files of a jar into an Eclipse project, right click on the project in the Package Explorer window and select "Import→Zip File→Next" and select the .jar file for the "From zip file" and the Eclipse project directory as the "Into Folder".
- Code for Week 6 Labs (Mon, Oct 4).
- Code for Week 10 Labs (Nov 1, 3).
- All the code as a single jar file: week10.jar.
- Code for Week 11 Labs (Nov 8, 10).
- All the code as a single jar file: week11.jar.
- Code for Week 13 Labs (Nov 22, 24).
- Monday: All the code as a single jar file: labWk13Mon.jar.
- Wednesday: All the code as a single jar file: labWk13Wed.jar.
- Solutions: (To Monday and Wednesday's exercises) All the code as a single jar file: labWk13Solutions.jar.
- Code for Week 14 Labs (Nov 29, Dec 1).
- All the code as a single jar file: labWk14.jar.
- Material for Week 15 Labs (Dec 6 and 8).