Math 245: Linear Algebra 2, Advanced Section (University of Waterloo, Winter 2009)
Time: 11:30 am–12:20 pm, Monday/Wednesday/Friday
Location: DWE 3519
- Assignment 10 has been graded and is available outside MC 4031.
- The solution to Assignment 9, question 1b has been corrected.
- On Assignment 8, question 1, you should assume that T = ∑j λjPj is the spectral decomposition of T. Also, in part b, both sums should be from j = 0 to ∞.
- On Assignment 5, question 2d, you should also assume that D is regular.
- On Assignment 4, question 4c, you should find an invertible matrix S such that S-1AS, S-1DS are both diagonal, not S-1AS, S-1BS. Also, in question 5, a permutation matrix has exactly one 1 in each row and in each column.
- On Assignment 1, question 2, T should be a linear transformation from V ⊗ V to itself, not from V to itself.
- Office hours will not be held on 12 or 13 January. Please send any questions that arise by email; you can expect a prompt reply.