Department Awards for Excellence in Teaching for 2019-2020
Each year, the Department of Computer Science awards outstanding professors, instructors, STIC facilitators and teaching assistants for their outstanding contribution, dedication, thoughtfulness and commitment towards teaching and learning.
The award committee selected the following recipients for this year's teaching awards:
- Best Undergraduate Teaching Assistant : Justin De Burgo nominated for CMSC 132 Object Oriented Programming II
- Best Graduate Teaching Assistant: Carolin Arnold nominated for CMSC 131 Object Oriented Programming I
- Best STIC Facilitator: Michael Reininger nominated for CMSC389R: Introduction to Ethical Hacking
- Best Lecturer: Fawzi Emad nominated for CMSC 131: Object Oriented Programming I
- Best Professor: Dave Mount nominated for CMSC420 - Advanced Data Structures
The Department welcomes comments, suggestions and corrections. Send email to editor [-at-] cs [dot] umd [dot] edu.