Take part in the 50- Anniversary Student Competition
50th-Anniversary Graphics and Tagline Design Competition
Dear Computer Science students,
The Department of Computer Science will be celebrating its 50th Anniversary on Oct 6-7, 2023. This “golden” anniversary represents an opportunity for us to reflect on our history, propel our department to even greater success in the decades to come, share that with the world, and showcase the contributions that many of us have made in this endeavor. While the details of the event are being worked out, we welcome you to participate and showcase your creativity by designing 50th-anniversary graphics and a tagline that captures this milestone occasion.
The competition winner will have their work chosen as the official branding for the 50th-anniversary festivities and featured on our social media channels and receive a prize of $500. We can't wait to see your submissions!
Competitors must email the following two items to agrawala [-at-] umd [dot] edu by June 12 at 11:59 pm:
- Graphic (that adheres to UMD brand guidelines below)
- Tagline (that captures the excellence of the department and its future success)
Here are some guidelines to follow:
- Use official UMD colors: https://brand.umd.edu/colors
- You can use UMD brand marks (e.g., muscle testudo, red turtle shell), but you cannot alter them in any way: https://brand.umd.edu/logos
- You can use Fearlessly Forward brand elements: https://brand.umd.edu/fearlessly-forward-campaign-guidelines
- You cannot use Athletics brand marks: https://brand.umd.edu/athletics-visual-identity
Please email agrawala [-at-] umd [dot] edu if you have any questions.
Ashok Agrawala & William Regli
50th Anniversary Organizing Committee
The Department welcomes comments, suggestions and corrections. Send email to editor [-at-] cs [dot] umd [dot] edu.