TerrapinSTRONG & New Student Welcome | Student Panelist Search
The College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences is looking for student panelists who are actively involved in diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, research or work. Panelists must be UMD undergraduate students. Involvement in DEI can look an number of ways:
● experience and involvement in student organizations that focus on DEI or have DEI initiatives
● DEI exploration through your major(s) or minor(s)
● DEI research with faculty or staff at UMD
● active participation in DEI opportunities provided by your academic college or
● experience educating UMD community around specific DEI topics such as: gender
identity, race, ethnicity, ability, power, privilege, and oppression
If possible, panelists can expect to participate in both TerrapinSTRONG and New Student Welcome session offerings.
● Wednesday, September 6 | 3 - 4:30 pm (panel will take place during the second half of the event)
● Wednesday, September 6 | 6 - 7:30 pm (panel will take place during the second half of the event)
About the Audience
Panelist will be speaking to new first-year and transfer CMNS students.
What Can Be Expected As a Panelist
Panelists will be given the opportunity to answer questions from the audience regarding their experiences around diversity, equity and inclusion. Some questions may be provided to the panelist ahead of time.
Interest Form | The interest form will remain open until all panelists spots are filled. However, panelists will be selected no later than Monday, August 21, 2023.
● Complete Interest Form HERE
The Department welcomes comments, suggestions and corrections. Send email to editor [-at-] cs [dot] umd [dot] edu.